30 January, 2008
Absence
Apologies for the absence, I was away at Phillip Island for a few days. Working backwards again! 30th January, 2008 Today I learnt about kenning. Kenning is an Old Norse way of using words in poetry, where a name for something would be switched with a sort of description of that thing. e.g.: Sea-Steed = Ship Mountain of the Hawk = Arm (In falconeering, the hawk rests on the arm of its master.) Feed the Eagle = Kill Enemies 29th January, 2008 Today I learnt the ending of George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. Not sure I liked it... it's very depressing and lacks hope, but then, I didn't read the ending, just looked it up in time for school because I hadn't finished it. So maybe if I had actually read the book I might have enjoyed the ending more. 28th January, 2008 Today I learnt that early morning doesn't really feel like early morning if everyone is awake. My friend and I were going to get up early and go for a walk and breakfast, but everyone else was up as well so it didn't feel like 6am at all. 27th January, 2008 Today I learnt that the things in my head sound significantly better well... right there, in my head, rather than when I speak them out. I learnt this while I was being filmed talking about my dream for our churches new youth area.
posted by some girl at 6:18 PM -
8 Comments:
Post a Comment

 

some girl
Terra Australis