15 March, 2008
Exteeeeeended Absence.
Hmm, so, my excuses are: I went to Tasmania I have been sick I have been lazy I have been busy I have been productive I have been under-productive 14th March, 2008 Today I learnt that I have no idea what I'm meant to do for art? Been doing as much work as my friends have been, and they're fine, but the teacher tells me I have a hell of a lot of work to do... ummm, 'kay? 13th March, 2008 The school's media Mac books don't have Photoshop! Gahhhh, that's annoying. 12th March, 2008 Oral presentations don't scare me as much as they used to. I mean, I still very heavily dislike doing them, 'specially at school, but they're not nearly as nerve-wracking as they used to be. 11th March, 2008 HAVING A CLEAN ROOM IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD. Apologies for the capslock, I'm excited about f-i-n-a-l-l-y having a clean room. Much thanks to Hannah Scott. She deserves a medal of some kind. 10th March, 2008 I like regular op shops more than Savers. They're much more quirky and quaint. Wow, two 'q' words in a row! Savers is just far too big and they don't have all the strange things you find in regular op shops. Also, I don't think they donate to charity, but I'm not sure. Also again: Greensborough La Porchetta is really big, and one of the workers there is a real nice chap! 9th March, 2008 Today I learnt what it feels like to be FIRED. ME. From a FISH AND CHIP SHOP. In this case, it feels terrible. I feel like a failure. Reason for getting fired: Had to cancel too many shifts, communication problems (for my Boss's part). I do not claim all fault in getting fired. 8th March, 2008 Harry Potter is a grand series of books to start reading again. Even if they completely stop you from being able to do any homework. 7th March, 2008 Early finish days at school are awwwweeeeesome! Of course, I already knew this, but I think today I was MOST grateful for it because I had one class in the morning, and one very last. So I could go home after my first class instead of waiting at school all day with nothing to do just to go to one class! 6th March, 2008 I learnt that I have a media outcome, awesome! And I'm not being sarcastic for once, I'm really excited to do it! I get to take photos and use Photoshop! What could be better? ALSO: I want to be a librarian. 5th March, 2008 I don't think she'll mind if I say it here, so: Robyn doesn't have cancer! This is an awesome fact. 4th March, 2008 ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image) is a really cool place. I want to go there again and watch all the films and buy lots of merchandise. 3rd March, 2008 Today I learnt that I have to do an oral presentation for English - Yay! No, not yay, I despise talking in front of the class. 2nd March Today I learnt what the University of Tasmania looks like, and various information about its many buildings and such. Also: My dad is stupid? Absent minded? Okay, at the airport, he sits down next to Josh and me. After a couple of minutes he says 'Oh no! Where's my bag!?' and runs off to look for it. Three seconds after he runs off 'Could Ian Wood please come to the security desk? Ian Wood?' Dad walks back half a minute later with his back. Em and Josh shake heads and go back to watching cricket. Huh, notice how that changed ever so slightly from first to third person? Anyway, apparently I have inherited this absent-minded gene, which makes me very worried. Although I like to think I wouldn't leave a bag unattended at an airport. 1st March, 2008 Most market are pretty much the same. The biggest difference is the type of souvenirs they sell. I learnt where I think the only McDonald's is in Hobart. Actually I don't know if it's the only one, but it's the only I saw in the whole 'city' of Hobart. CITY. Which you can walk around in about ten minutes. Anyway, I had a Chai Latte, and no one had ordered one for about four months so the girl at the counter was like 'WTF, Chai Latte?'. I did get it cheaper though, that's a plus. 29th February, 2008 (again) Today I learnt many things about Tasmania! (Mostly about Hobart) People are really short. A lot of people smoke. Most of the main roads are one way. Apparently it's, like, a major city or something... but, uh, can't say I really noticed that. For those of you who do not understand: HOBART IS REALLY SMALL. LIKE, REALLY FRIGGIN' TINY. IT IS THE MAYOR OF TINY TOWNE.
posted by some girl at 11:57 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

 

some girl
Terra Australis