27 April, 2008
Month-Long Absence.
Well, I haven't recorded anything about what I've learnt for the past month. There are many reasons behind this, but I don't really want to talk about it on a random blog. Despite not recording anything I've learnt, I really did learn something new every day. Something I've learnt during this year is that not every new thing I learn is interesting or significant or poetic. In fact, a lot of the things I've learnt are barely worth writing down. I've also learnt that life isn't always interesting or significant or poetic. I mean, sometimes life is great, but sometimes it's ugly, it's not like the movies, it doesn't fit, the good guy loses. It's not magical, it's not a giant metaphor where we all learn from our mistakes. But then, sometimes it is. I guess at the moment I'm just feeling like I lack purpose. I'm in a rut. One I thought I'd been getting out of, but that only seems to have worsened. But I'm still learning, new things, every day.
posted by some girl at 7:29 PM -
3 Comments:
  • At April 29, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Blogger B.C. said…

    Well put. This is why I realised my attempt to blog everyday on things I'm grateful for, though sounding quite simple, was actaully quite hard and it's ok to be upset about things and let that sit there for a while. Look forward to hearing of your adventrues, and good luck with the rut. Build some steps first.

     
  • At May 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Blogger some girl said…

    Thank
    You.

     
  • At November 5, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Blogger beautyru5h said…

    interesting blog =] i like the concept of blogging about something new you learnt.
    keep it up

     
Post a Comment

 

some girl
Terra Australis